30 Sembawang Drive, Singapore 757713
Sun Plaza is a combination of used commercial and residential development in Sembawang Drive, right at the heart of Sembawang Singapore, located between Sembawang Bus Interchange and Sembawang MRT station. It serves the needs of the residents and one of the two shopping malls that can be seen in Sembawang.
About SunPlaza Mall
The mall consists of 103 stores and services that people can check out with NTUC FairPrice, Sembawang Public Library, Virtualand, Kopitiam and Yamaha as the mini anchors. The building is flaunted with bright sun flower and yellow façade.
Sun Plaza has stores that offer a wide array of merchandise and products from children’s toys and apparel found at Cheri Kids to Optical and Jewelers, Fashion & Accessories, and Perfumeries.
Opening Date of SunPlaza Mall
The mall opened 20 years ago in May 2000.
Developer of Sun Plaza Mall
The developer of this successful mall is Canberra Development Pte Ltd.
Management and Owner of Sun Plaza
The mall is under the management of the owner Koh Brothers Group and Heeton Holdings.
Other information about SunPlaza mall include the following:
- The mall’s total area is 324,000 sq. ft. in total; 14,700 square meters or 158,000 sq. ft. for retail.
- It has 4 anchor tenants.
- There are 14 [12 floors (6 retail + 7 residential) + 2 basements] number of floors.
- There are 260 parking lots.
The development of the mall was under a joint venture between Koh Brothers and Heeton Holdings and was completed in May 2000. It has an NTUC Fairprice supermarket, had an Eng Wah cinema just like other suburban malls during that time, a local post office, etc., and a total of 93 specialty shops. Just above the Sun Plaza are two 7-storey tower blocks that consists of 76 residential apartments that were completed in 2001.
In 2009, due to the low patronage of the cinema, it was closed. But the mall itself also suffered to low patronage due to competition. But in 2014, the mall was refurbished with a new exterior facade and a revamp in its interior layout and installation of alfresco dining spots as well as outdoor escalators, converted the cinema for educational use, the basement was expanded, relocation of the post office, etc. The mall was reopened again in 2015 with 103 specialty shops and a 5772 sq. ft. of net increased lettable area.
Location and Accessibility
The exact address for the mall is 30 Sembawang Drive, Singapore 757713. It is close to Sembawang MRT (NS11) and near to bus stops.
How to Get There?
The following are the transport lines that pass near the mall:
Bus: 117, 858B, 962, AC7
Train: North-South Line
- Sand play area
- Skate and bicycle kiosk
- Jogging path/ running track
- Fitness corner/ exercise station / stations & fitness equipment
- Beach ball court
- Sense discovery garden
- Taichi corner
- 12-fairways Woodball Course
- Drinking fountain
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the hotels nearby?
- Amari Johor Bahru (6.65 km)
- OYO 44064 De Sweet Boutique Hotel (5.08 km)
- Miyabi Boutique Hotel (5.03 km)
- Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel (5.32 km)
- Capri by Fraser, Johor Bahru / Malaysia (6.35 km)
What are the restaurants nearby?
- Curry Café (0.92 km)
- White Restaurant (0.86 km)
- East Bistro (0.80 km)
- Sum’s Kitchen & Hong Kong Roasted Meat (0.88 km)
What are the nearby attractions?
- Johor Bahru City Square (6.29 km)
- Singapore Zoo (5.61 km)
- Lonestar Bar & Grill (5.29 km)
- Johor Old Chinese Temple (6.32 km)
- Chinese Heritage Museum (6.24 km)
Here is a list of some of the top restaurants in Sun Plaza Mall:
- Lao Huo Tang – #03-15/16
- White Restaurant – #03-12
- Ya Kun Family Cafe – #B1-42/45
- BreadTalk – #01-02
- Mr. Bean – #B1-28
- Swensen’s – #02-21/22
- 85 Redhill Teochew Fishball Noodles – #B1-43
- McDonald’s – #01-16/17
- Starbucks – #01-22
- Nam Kee Pau – #B1-41